Although Amava Renewables and Energy was founded in response to South Africa’s robust renewable energy programme, we focus primarily on the private sector market whereby we are able to offer a fully integrated, innovative and sustainable solution on solar PV and energy efficient solutions. Amava Group own 100% of Amava Renewables and Energy
JA Solar has presence in China, USA, Germany and Japan and is listed on NASDAQ with a market cap of circa. US$433 milion. They are the worlds largest manufacturer of silicon wafers, solar cells and solar PV modules. The South African factory production is due to commence in July 2015, and Amava Renwables and Energy will hold a 30% equity interest in their African Operations.
Sungrow manufactures has a presence in France, Italy, Germany, Canada, Australia and the USA. They are listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange with the market cap of circa. US$1.8billion. Sungrow are the 2nd largest PV inverter manufacturere in the world. The South African factory is to have a 150MW capacity, and will begin production in July 2015. Amava Renewables and Energy will hold a 30% equity interest in their African Operations.
Grupo ProCME is a global multinational group offering EPC services for solar PV farms, wind farms and coal fired power stations. The group has presence in various countries including Spain, France, Brazil, South Africa, Angola and Mozambique. Their investments span to wind farms, solar plants, water plants and biomass plants, which are all entirely developed and built in-house through its companies with specific skills. In South Africa, EPC services will be performed by its subsidiary, CME South Africa.
Amava Group own 32% equity interest in CME South Africa
They are a leading certification company present in 65 countries and provide independent certification to our customers to ensure that the solar system works in accordance with international standards. The certification is relied upon by banks in raising finance for the construction of the solar PV project.
Marsh & McLennan Companies
They also form part of the NASDAQ listed companies and will offer clients advice on and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital.
Marsh are known for their specialist insurance offering on renewable energy covering risk mitigation services and solutions, project risk advisory services, consultancy-related services and transactional solutions - and will do the same for the Amava Renewable and Energy clients.
Digital Energy Solutions
Digital Energy Solutions, based in Cape Town, provide energy efficiency solutions that include:
- Energy efficiency audits;
- Solar area and street lighting;
- LED replacements for buildings;
- High mast lights replaced with LEDs.
- S12L (Energy efficiency) tax deductions.
- Smaller scale Solar PV rooftop and Wind installations
- Energy consulting – Advising on solutions, drafting tender specifications etc.
- Solar water heating, Solar Borehole pumps, Solar electric fencing and
- Testing and advising on products, solutions to be implemented
Innovent are one of the largest privately owned moveable assets rental and asset management company in South Africa. With a blue-chip client base and asset book of circa R2 billion. Their presence is in South Africa, United Kingdom, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Tanzania.
They are the first company in SA to offer a lease finance solution on solar PV and have existing credit lines with financial institutions.
Tactus is a niche corporate finance advisory company with an emerging markets focus. They are specialists in the mid-market adviser, advising on transaction sizes between R50million to R3billion. Tactus is the only local based emerging markets advisory firm focusing on key markets in Africa, India and China. Tactus advises on the structuring and finance raising for solar PV projects.
Being independent of finance, Tactus is able to obtain term sheets from various financial institutions and provide an unbiased opinion on best terms of finance.
Benefits of working with Amava Renewables and Energy
- Offers a full turnkey solution in solar PV.
- Sources products with high local content by our equity partnership with two of the worlds leading manufacturers.
- Ability to aggressively negotiate pricing on products due to our equity partnership and relationships with other suppliers.
- Offers unique and sustainable structuring and finance solutions.
- All partners are credible companies with significant experience. The core inputs in terms of solar modules, inverters and mounting structures are provided by partners that are each in the top 5 in the world in their relative specialisms.
- Productivity of the system is guaranteed by one of the largest insurers in the world.
- All installations are certified by one of the largest certifications companies in the world.
- A highly professional and experienced team.
- 100% Black Owned Company.